Unlike some Colorado resort towns, we have 4 true seasons here in town. Of the 4 seasons, springtime Glenwood Springs tends to be my favorite. Spring is wonderful because the snow is replaced with rain, more people are out and about through town, and the simple sights and smells are abundant everywhere.
Discover the range of mountain activities available throughout the Glenwood Springs area. Whether you wish to bike the Glenwood Canyon, hike to Hanging Lake, or experience the rides and sites of Glenwood Adventure Park.. Rafting begins at the end of April and extends through the summer months and into Fall depending on water levels. Enjoy Downtown Glenwood Springs for dining and of course, don’t forget to visit one of the world famous hot springs. We have Iron Mountain Hot Springs and Glenwood Hot Springs.
You really cannot go wrong with Springtime Glenwood Springs.
Here are the Top 10 Spring Break Activities for Glenwood **
1. Glenwood Hot Springs Pool – A Glenwood Springs icon since 1888, the World’s largest hot springs pool is right here! Let the kids splash around while you enjoy some relaxing moments in these soothing and restoring waters. Take advantage of one of our Glenwood Springs Lodging specials for a great value!
2. Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park – The Glenwood Canyon Flyer opens on March 21st weather permitting! Fun for the whole family, like nothing you’ve ever encountered before! This is high adventure at its best.
3. Skydiving with Roaring Fork Skydivers – Glenwood Springs recently became the 5th tandem skydiving dropzone in Colorado. You can now enjoy views of the Continental Divide from a whole new perspective. Tandem trips depart right from the Glenwood Springs Municipal Airport!
4. Hike Hanging Lake – There is nothing like the pure beauty of these crisp mountain lakes. Hanging Lake is certainly a wonder and well worth the trip. It’s a heart pumper so make sure you bring your water bottle!
5. Ski Sunlight Mountain – One of the best things about springtime in the Rockies is that you can often ski, bike, fish, golf ALL in the same day. Take the crew to Sunlight for a few runs – it’s a super fun, family-friendly, mountain with old school charm.
6. Bike the Rio Grande Trail – The bike trails in Glenwood Springs are fantastic. Clip in and ride all the way to Aspen if your heart so desires! This 44 mile stretch of well-maintained, paved trail is a delight.
7. Go Get Some Tasty Bites – Glenwood Springs has become a mecca for delicious dining options! Take a walk downtown and see what we’ve got to offer.
8. RAFT! Tons of options to go rafting in Glenwood Springs, just ask any local for advice! – Realtor Shawn’s Pick*
9. Go Fish – With two rivers in town (the Colorado and the Roaring Fork) and Colorado’s longest stretch of Gold Medal water, Glenwood Springs is nationally recognized as a fishing mecca.
10. Grab a Round of Golf – If the weather is cooperating, the local golf course is open. Stunning views and crisp, mountain air – what more can you ask for?
** Best Western Antlers – Glenwood Springs, CO